from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. quoin (keystone)
- n. coign (wedge)
- n. coign; corner; angle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quoin.
- n. The practice of quartering one's self as landlord on a tenant; a quartering of one's self on anybody.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Ireland, formerly, the custom of landlords quartering themselves upon their tenants at pleasure. The term appears to have been applied also to the forcible billeting of others, as of soldiers.
- To quarter one's self on another by force; live by extortion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the keystone of an arch
- n. expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase
Sorry, no etymologies found.