from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See kale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant of the genus Brassica; now specifically, a Brassica plant without a head used for food, such as kale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A variety of cabbage in which the leaves never form a compact head.
- n. Any white cabbage before the head has become firm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common cultivated cabbage, Brassica oleracea.
- n. A young cabbage cut before the head is formed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head
From cole + wort. (Wiktionary)