from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See kale.
- n. The leaves of kale, used as a vegetable. Also called collard greens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Mediterranean variety of kale, Brassica oleracea var. acephala.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a variety of kale (Brassica oleracea) having smooth leaves; a type of colewort. It is grown in the southern U. S.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of cabbage with the fleshy leaves scattered upon the stem instead of gathered into a head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. variety of kale having smooth leaves
Variant of colewort.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)