Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy and zoology, the neck, in the most general sense; the whole neck.
- n. The necklike prolongation of some flask-shaped infusorians, or of the choanocytes of sponges, which ends in the flagellum and is surrounded by the collar.
- n. In entomology, the upper part or collar of the prothorax of a beetle, usually called the pronotum.
- n. In botany: Same as collar, 2 .
- n. In mosses, the neck or tapering base of the capsule.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) A neck or cervix.
- n. (Bot.) Same as Collar.
- Latin, neck. (Wiktionary)
“Franks collum is rubish – too many fallacies and loaded words for my time right now, but the most glaring is the regurgitation of the Downing Street Memo.”
“An armoured collum of prime movers & Hummers is going to attract unwanted attention & is very picky on road quality.”
“Captain Watson is a clown who measures his success by the collum inches he generates.”
“His coverage of the Valery Plame affair from the Novack collum all the way to the end of the Libby trial was Immaculaet.”
“If she keeps this going for 10 more minutes Lake county could come in while she is speaking and move this thing over to the Obama win collum.”
“This is great, I was looking for some time for an way of showing the results in an different collum from the search box!”
“Ah wil taek wun frum collum A an wun frum collum B.”
“Spinal collum — rillee moar a gidelien den a rool.”
“Clik awn “contactus” in teh rite hand collum an tell teh Cheezes, so yu can get proper credit for yur pritteh kittehs”
“March 17, 2008 at 2:31 pm and anudda 1 in the splort collum”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘collum’.
A list of words you more frequently hear used with prefixes than without.
Thanks to everyone who added to this list. (I moved it to a new URL, so all the words added on the first day are credited to me—sorry about that.)
(Here’s the original list with a slo...
A list of compound derogatory names such as gapeseed, muckworm and lickspittle. Your one-word contributions to this list are welcome.
See sionnach's list derogatory terms I should use ...
Looking for tweets for collum.