from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knife or cutter attached to the beam of a plow to cut the sward, in advance of the plowshare and moldboard.
- n. The part of a seed drill that makes the furrow for the seed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A knife or cutter, attached to the beam of a plow to cut the sward, in advance of the plowshare and moldboard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An iron blade or sharp-edged wheel attached to the beam of a plow to cut the ground and thus facilitate the separation of the furrow-slice by the plowshare. Also culter.
- n. In medieval armor, a two-handed Flemish weapon with one edge straight and the other curved: so called from its resemblance to the colter of a plow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sharp steel wedge that precedes the plow and cuts vertically through the soil
Publisher: Popular Library the gull cove murders (detective pat campbell) by colter eli
I have no doubt that the revolting miasma of slimebags like limbaugh ,hannity,colter,oreilly and other assorted right wing hate mongers will both love this and justify this.
Nao kitteh, u noe wut lisning 2 jessi colter duz 2 u.
Write to Allison Bisbey Colter at allison. firstname.lastname@example.org
He pressed so hard, and the colter was so sharp, that my hands were cut; and despite my utmost efforts, he went over all but
Q In your discussions with Mr.. Clinton, or a discussion in which you learned that her trade, in fact, were sometimes placed by Mr. Blair, what else have you learned in the last week on a colter of how she made her decisions, and who else she got advice from; how she contacted him on a daily basis in order to instruct him to make trades for her?
The colter needed sharpening and there was a crack in the whippletree.
At glaciation's midwinter, a colter of ice opened a gap in the Kazan ringwall.
A Carey plow with a slot in the beam for a colter.
Only the share, colter, and beam of this plow are original, the rest having been reconstructed.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.