Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An iron blade or sharp-edged wheel attached to the beam of a plow to cut the ground and thus facilitate the separation of the furrow-slice by the plowshare. Also culter.
- n. In medieval armor, a two-handed Flemish weapon with one edge straight and the other curved: so called from its resemblance to the colter of a plow.
- n. A knife or cutter attached to the beam of a plow to cut the sward, in advance of the plowshare and moldboard.
- n. The part of a seed drill that makes the furrow for the seed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A knife or cutter, attached to the beam of a plow to cut the sward, in advance of the plowshare and moldboard.
- n. a sharp steel wedge that precedes the plow and cuts vertically through the soil
- From Old English culter, from Latin culter ("a knife") (Wiktionary)
“Publisher: Popular Library the gull cove murders (detective pat campbell) by colter eli”
“I have no doubt that the revolting miasma of slimebags like limbaugh ,hannity,colter,oreilly and other assorted right wing hate mongers will both love this and justify this.”
“Nao kitteh, u noe wut lisning 2 jessi colter duz 2 u.”
“Write to Allison Bisbey Colter at allison. email@example.com”
“He pressed so hard, and the colter was so sharp, that my hands were cut; and despite my utmost efforts, he went over all but”
“Q In your discussions with Mr.. Clinton, or a discussion in which you learned that her trade, in fact, were sometimes placed by Mr. Blair, what else have you learned in the last week on a colter of how she made her decisions, and who else she got advice from; how she contacted him on a daily basis in order to instruct him to make trades for her?”
“The colter needed sharpening and there was a crack in the whippletree.”
“At glaciation's midwinter, a colter of ice opened a gap in the Kazan ringwall.”
“A Carey plow with a slot in the beam for a colter.”
“Only the share, colter, and beam of this plow are original, the rest having been reconstructed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘colter’.
All things farm and agriculture related.
Valentine's Day is coming up, so here's a list of words that have been "loved" here on Wordnik (our favorite site with a heart as part of its logo).
List of items never for sale on craigslist.
Should you find one of these for sale, let us know. We'll scare you up a coupon for a free day at a gym or something.
Looking for tweets for colter.