from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of comb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of using a comb or a number of combs.
- n. That which is caught or collected with a comb, as loose, tangled hair.
- n. Hair arranged to be worn on the head.
- n. See Coamings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of using a comb.
- n. The process of carding wool. See card, transitive verb, and carding-machine.
- n. The process of hackling flax.
- n. Graining on wood.
- n. That which is removed by combing or carding: generally in the plural: as, the combings of wool or hair.
- n. Hair combed over a bald part of the head.
- n. Same as coaming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of drawing a comb through hair
Sorry, no etymologies found.