from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not easily excited or flustered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. calm and imperturbable, especially under pressure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a temper not easily excited; free from passion; unshakably calm and collected.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not easily excited or confused; possessing clear and calm judgment; not acting hastily or rashly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
Sorry, no etymologies found.