from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A piece of writing in code or cipher. Also called cryptograph.
- n. A figure or representation having a secret or occult significance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of word puzzle in which text encoded by a simple cipher is to be decoded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cipher writing. Same as cryptograph.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A message or writing in secret characters or otherwise occult; a cryptograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of writing in code or cipher
Sorry, no etymologies found.