from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To render inactive or ineffective.
- transitive v. To inhibit, block, or disrupt the action of (an enzyme or other biological agent).
- transitive v. To remove from active military status.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to make something inactive or no longer effective
- v. to prevent the action of a biochemical agent (such as an enzyme)
- v. to remove a person or piece of hardware from active military service
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make inactive; to render ineffective.
- transitive v. To disband (a military unit, or other group); to discontinue (a group activity).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make inactive
- v. remove from active military status or reassign
de- + activate (Wiktionary)