from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To discharge from military service or use.
- transitive v. To disband (troops).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To release someone from military duty, especially after a war.
- v. To disband troops, or remove them from a war footing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To disorganize, or disband and send home, as troops which have been mobilized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To disband; change from a condition of mobilization. Also written demobilise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. release from military service or remove from the active list of military service
- v. retire from military service
Sorry, no etymologies found.