from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bed on which a person dies.
- n. The last hours before death.
- idiom on (one's) deathbed Close to death.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bed on which someone dies
- n. The last hours before death
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bed in which a person dies; hence, the closing hours of life of one who dies by sickness or the like; the last sickness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bed on which a person dies or is confined in his last sickness.
- n. Hence A person's last sickness; sickness ending in death.
- Of or pertaining to a death-bed, or to the circumstances of a person's death.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the last few hours before death
- n. the bed on which a person dies
death + bed (Wiktionary)