from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To decipher.
- transitive v. To decode.
- n. A deciphered or decoded message.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert an encrypted or coded text or message into plain text.
- n. A decoded communication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. to convert from a coded form into the original; -- of communications. Inverse of encrypt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. convert code into ordinary language
de- + -crypt (from cryptogram).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)