from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, glittering ornament, such as a rhinestone or a sequin, applied to fabric or a garment.
- n. Fabric that has been covered with many of these ornaments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an artificial diamond used as adornment, such as a rhinestone
- adj. covered in diamante decorations
- adj. shiny or iridescent, as if covered in or made of diamonds
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adornment consisting of a small piece of shiny material used to decorate clothing
- n. fabric covered with glittering ornaments such as sequins or rhinestones
French diamanté, decorated with diamonds, from diamant, diamond; see diamond.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)