from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of diatoms or their skeletons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing diatoms or their coverings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. consisting of or containing diatoms or their fossils.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, belonging to or resembling Diatomacæ.
- Containing or made up of diatoms: as, diatomaceous earth. See infusorial earth, under infusorial.
From diatom + -aceous. (Wiktionary)