from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To separate at the joints; disjoint.
- intransitive v. To become disjointed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to disjoint
- v. to amputate a limb at a joint without cutting the bone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To sunder; to separate, as joints.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divide, separate, or sunder the joints of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. separate at the joints
Sorry, no etymologies found.