from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that dispenses or gives out, especially a machine or container that allows the contents to be removed and used in convenient or prescribed amounts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An object used to dispense other items.
- n. A person who makes up prescriptions, a pharmacist, an optician
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, dispenses; a distributer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A manager; a steward.
- n. One who dispenses or distributes; one who administers: as, a dispenser of medicines; a dispenser of gifts or of favors; a dispenser of justice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who dispenses
- n. a container so designed that the contents can be used in prescribed amounts
From dispense. (Wiktionary)