- v. To make something last for more time than is necessary; prolong; extend.
- v. To physically extract, as blood from a vein.
- v. To extract, bring out, as concealed information; elicit; educe.
- v. To use means to entice or force (an animal) from it's hole or similar hiding place; or, by extension, cause (a shy person) to be more open or talkative.
- v. poker To improve a losing hand to a winning hand by receiving additional cards.
- v. deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning)
- v. make more sociable
- v. remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense
- v. remove as if by suction
- v. cause to speak,
- v. lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer
“Equally remarkable is the Poet's intellectual plenipotence in so ordering and moving the several characters of a play as that they may best draw out each other by mutual influences, and set off each other by mutual contrasts.”
“Veasey talked on and on, and when he tired of relating his own history, he tried to draw out Inman's story.”
“The power of yarrow is to draw out pain, which to an extent it did.”
“We have in that state a college (Wm. & Mary) just well enough endowed to draw out the miserable existence to which a miserable constitution has doomed it.”
“Surgeon Balmain applied hot poultices to draw out and loosen the phlegm, but Willy died during much the same treatment a free Bristolian would have received from his doctor.”
“If," pursued Miss Liston, "someone comes who can appreciate him and draw out what is best in him -- --”
“He thought to draw out a generous amount, but he found his pockets empty and remembered that what money he had left was in the haversack hidden in Junior's woodpile.”
““The oafs are pleasant enough to bed, in their way, but it takes a daughter of Lurlina to draw out the milk only boys can make …””
“The focal point was a beautiful Vent-A-Hood range; it was so popular back then because it would draw out the heat and smoke and beautifully ventilate the kitchen—when it worked right.”
“The voice was youthful, the gestures girlish, but she resisted every effort of Prane's to draw out of her that quality he wanted Juliet to project.”
Looking for tweets for draw out.