from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person who arises early in the morning.
- n. Informal One that arrives or takes place early or before others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who wakes early or arrives early, typically before most others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who arrives early before others do
- n. a person who gets up very early in the morning
From the expression "The early bird catches the worm”.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the expression the early bird catches the worm. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.