American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A chair used in the electrocution of a prisoner sentenced to death by law.
- n. Execution by means of electrocution.
- n. The sentence of death by electrocution.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a device used for execution of criminals, consisting of a specially designed chair in which the victim is killed by passing a large current of electricity through the body. This method of killing is called electrocution.
- n. an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person
These user-created lists contain the word ‘electric chair’.
Words that make me think of Andy Warhol, for whatever reason.
I get a charge out of these words.
See also the list Loaded Words (wordnik.com/lists/loaded-words). Two ordinary words (i.e. not proper nouns--Berlin wall or Utah beach wouldn't fit here) that not only combine to make a third concep...
This list was originally titled 'Furniture I Never Had'. I changed it to 'Things I Never Had' because I'm not much interested in furniture anyway :-( There's a whole wider world of not-having out t...
Looking for tweets for electric chair.