from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chair used in the electrocution of a prisoner sentenced to death by law.
- n. Execution by means of electrocution.
- n. The sentence of death by electrocution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used for performing execution by electrocution.
- n. An electrically powered wheelchair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a device used for execution of criminals, consisting of a specially designed chair in which the victim is killed by passing a large current of electricity through the body. This method of killing is called electrocution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.