from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of entailing, the state of being entailed, or something that is entailed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of entailing or of giving, as an estate, and directing the mode of descent.
- n. The condition of being entailed.
- n. A thing entailed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of entailing, or of limiting the descent of an estate to a particular heir and his descendants.
- n. The state of being entailed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied)
entail + -ment (Wiktionary)