from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Affecting or peculiar to animals of a specific geographic area. Used of a disease.
- n. An enzootic disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In epidemiology an occurrence of a disease or disorder in a population of non-human animals at the frequency expected in a given time period.
- adj. Like or having to do with an enzootic
- adj. Of a disease, prevalent in a given population or area
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a disease that is constantly present in an animal community but only occurs in a small number of cases
en-2 + zo(o)- + -otic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)