from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting an eponym.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or being the person or entity after which something or someone is named.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to an eponym; giving one's name to a tribe, people, country, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Giving one's name to a tribe, people, city, year, or period; regarded as the founder or originator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being or relating to or bearing the name of an eponym
From Greek epōnumos; see eponym.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
eponym + -ous (Wiktionary)