from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. last remnant
- n. frayed end of a length of cloth or rope
- n. The unsmoked end of a cigarette or cigar
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An end of poorer quality, or in a spoiled condition, as the coarser end of a web of cloth, the untwisted end of a rope, etc.
- n. The refuse or meaner part of anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The end of a web of cloth where it is secured to the loom and is therefore rough and unfinished and disfigured with holes. It is customary to allow purchasers to exclude it from the measurement of what they buy.
- n. The latter or meaner part of anything; the very end: used in contempt.
- n. Nautical, the untwisted end of a rope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the frayed end of a length of cloth or rope
- n. the time of the last part of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.