from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of a document, especially a contract, that contains qualifications or restrictions in small type or obscure language.
- n. Something presented in a deliberately ambiguous or obscure manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The details, restrictions, terms, or conditions, especially of a contract, often printed in very small type.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the part of a contract that contains reservations and qualifications that are often printed in small type
- n. material printed in small type
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.