from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A district or an establishment offering sensual pleasures or entertainment. Often used in the plural.
- n. Physical or sensual gratification.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place offering entertainment of a sensual or luxurious nature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pot or vessel in which flesh is cooked.
- n. plenty; high living.
- n. Places providing opportunity to indulge in amusements or pleasures without moral restraints.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vessel in which flesh is cooked.
- n. Hence (in allusion to the passage above quoted)
- n. Food; also, the indulgence of animal appetites.
- n. In heraldry, a bearing representing a three-legged iron pot, usually, though not always, depicted sable.
Sorry, no etymologies found.