from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To flop or flap about.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The repeated stroke of something long and loose.
- adv. With repeated strokes and noise, as of something long and loose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A continual light flapping; the repeated stroke or noise made by the alternating movements of something broad, flat, and limber.
- n. A somersault.
- n. A flighty person.
- n. A neuropterous grub, the dobson or hellgrammite.
- With a flapping noise.
- n. A kind of tea-cake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with repeated strokes and noise
Sorry, no etymologies found.