from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A name before one's surname; a first name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A name that precedes the surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name that precedes the family name or surname; a first name.
- transitive v. To name or mention before.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name that precedes the family name or surname; a prenomen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the name that precedes the surname
fore- + name (Wiktionary)