from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nest of ants; an anthill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ant colony, a pile of earth built by ants in which they nest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The nest or dwelling of a swarm of ants; an ant-hill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ants' nest or ant-hill; the nest or burrow inhabited by a colony of ants. See ant-hill.
- Of or pertaining to ants or an ant-hill or community: as, formicary routine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mound of earth made by ants as they dig their nest
Medieval Latin formīcārium, from Latin formīca, ant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin formica (ant) + -ary. (Wiktionary)