from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with a lattice-like pattern of diagonally interlaced bendlets and bendlets sinister.
- adj. Peevish, inclined to fret, agitated, worrying.
- adj. Inflamed, like a sore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adorned with fretwork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Adorned with fretwork.
- In heraldry, covered with a grating composed of narrow pieces, as bendlets, fillets, etc., crossing one another and interlacing. Also fretté.
From fret (from Old French frette, frete 'lattice, trellis', probably from Frankish *fetur) + -ty (a form of -y). (Wiktionary)
from to fret 'eat/wear away, irritate' (from Old English ) + -ty (a form of -y) (Wiktionary)