from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeding on fruit; fruit-eating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a diet that consists mostly of fruit; fruit-eating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Feeding on fruit, as birds and other animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Feeding on fruits, especially soft fruits, as many mammals, birds, etc., those which feed on small hard fruits, as seeds and grain, being distinguished usually as granivorous.
- Specifically, in mammalogy, pertaining to the Frugivora.
Latin frūx, frūg-, fruit + -vorous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)