from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rhesus monkey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A macaque monkey native of southern and southeastern Asia; Macaca mulatta.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A monkey; the bhunder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A macaque, Macacus rhesus, one of the sacred monkeys of India.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] In mammalogy, same as Macacus.
- n. [capitalized] In entomology, a genus of coleopterous insects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. of southern Asia; used in medical research
Latin Rhēsus, a mythical king of Thrace, from Greek Rhēsos.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)