from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formulation of general concepts from specific instances by abstracting common properties.
- n. Inductive reasoning from detailed facts to general principles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reasoning from detailed facts to general principles
- n. the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances
- n. an idea or conclusion having general application
- n. (psychology) transfer of a response learned to one stimulus to a similar stimulus
Sorry, no etymologies found.