from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To work as a ghostwriter.
- transitive v. To write (a speech, for example) as a ghostwriter. See Usage Note at author.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To write under the name of another (especially literary works).
- v. To author a literary work or speech in the place of another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To write (a book, article, speech, etc.) for someone else; -- the written material appears under the name of the person for whom it was written.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. write for someone else
Sorry, no etymologies found.