from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rush of migrants to an area where gold has been discovered.
- n. Headlong pursuit of wealth and success: a gold rush on Wall Street.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any period of feverish migration into an area in which gold has been discovered
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money)
- n. a large migration of people to a newly discovered gold field
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.