from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To eat gluttonously; gorge.
- transitive v. To devour (food) gluttonously.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of gourmandise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To eat greedily; to swallow voraciously; to feed ravenously or like a glutton; to make a pig of oneself.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To eat greedily; devour food voraciously.
- To devour; take in greedily.
- Also spelled gormandise, gourmandise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
From gourmandise, gluttony (obsolete).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)