from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law One to whom a grant is made.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the person to whom something is granted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom a grant or conveyance is made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, the person to whom anything is granted, or to whom a grant or conveyance is made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone to whom the title of property is transferred
- n. a recipient of a grant
Sorry, no etymologies found.