from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A burial ground; a cemetery.
- n. A place where worn-out or obsolete equipment or objects are kept: an automobile graveyard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tract of land in which the dead are buried.
- n. A final storage place for collections of things that are no longer useful or useable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yard or inclosure for the interment of the dead; a cemetery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A yard for graves; an inclosure for the interment of the dead; a cemetery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tract of land used for burials
Sorry, no etymologies found.