Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit of grise.
- Strong or decided in tint: applied to pigment.
- n. A textile fabric stronger or heavier than others of the same material.
- n. A coin of relatively large size: applied to— Silver coins of various kinds current in France in the thirteenth and following centuries, as the gros tournois, gros blanc, gros d'argent, gros de roi. The gros tournois of Louis IX., here illustrated, weighs 63 grains.
- n. A silver coin struck by Edward III. of England and by Edward the Black Prince for their French dominions.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A heavy silk with a dull finish
“Delia Corbett was not in the habit of using what the French call gros mots in the rendering of her own emotions; she took herself, as a rule, rather flippantly, with a dash of contemptuous pity.”
“Bien évidemment, les préoccupations de ses concepteurs sont à l'opposé de celles des "gros" concurrents qu'on connaît, en France ou ailleurs: aucune visée éditoriale monopolistique chez eux, puisque c'est le contenu du web (dans l'idéal gratuit) que l'on télécharge.”
“On one occasion he took a couple of potato bugs in his "gros" beak as he flew to the nearby woodland, probably a tempting morsel for his spouse's breakfast.”
“I pity still more the curate with a fixed allowance to whom monks, called gros decimateurs  dare offer a salary of forty ducats, to go about during the year, two or three miles from his home, day and night, in sunshine and in rain, in the snow and in the ice, exercising the most trying and most disagreeable functions. ”
“Le chiot a subi un gros choc emotionnel suite à l'attaque.”
“Goodness sakes is something to say instead of saying a gros mot*!”
“I was reading it just as my almost 5 year old angel of a daughter shouted out a gros mot from the kitchen.”
“Terms & Expressions: une baignoire sabot = short tub for taking baths "assis" (seated) voir venir quelqu'un avec ses gros sabots = "to see someone coming" -- to see someone's true intentions in mother-in-law | Permalink”
“The colophon mentions the fact that the text was revised (bcos) by Ngak-wang Kun-ga Lo-dro (ngag dbang kun dga 'blo gros).”
“Wait I thought the dark knight was Highest gros ..... ah ha”
‘gros’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for gros.