from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A heavy silk with a dull finish
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit of grise.
- Strong or decided in tint: applied to pigment.
- n. A textile fabric stronger or heavier than others of the same material.
- n. A coin of relatively large size: applied to— Silver coins of various kinds current in France in the thirteenth and following centuries, as the gros tournois, gros blanc, gros d'argent, gros de roi. The gros tournois of Louis IX., here illustrated, weighs 63 grains.
- n. A silver coin struck by Edward III. of England and by Edward the Black Prince for their French dominions.
Sorry, no etymologies found.