from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The physical and constitutional characteristics of an individual, especially as related to the tendency to develop a certain disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. habitude; mode of life; bearing, general appearance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Habitude; mode of life; general appearance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine, characteristic state or condition; constitutional habit.
- n. In natural history, the general appearance or likeness of an animal or a plant, irrespective of its structure; facies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. constitution of the human body
- n. person's predisposition to be affected by something (as a disease)
Latin, condition; see habit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin habitus ("habit"), from habeō ("have; maintain"). (Wiktionary)