from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A handle or hilt, especially the handle of a tool or weapon.
- transitive v. To fit into or equip with a hilt or handle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The handle of a tool or weapon.
- v. To fit a handle to a tool or weapon.
- n. A piece of mountain pasture to which a farm animal has become hefted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A handle; that part of an instrument or vessel taken into the hand, and by which it is held and used; -- said chiefly of a knife, sword, or dagger; the hilt.
- n. A dwelling.
- transitive v. To set in, or furnish with, a haft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To set in a haft; furnish with a handle.
- To drive up to the haft or hilt, as a knife or dirk.
- To fix or settle firmly; plant.
- n. A handle; specifically, the handle of a cutting or thrusting instrument, as a knife, sword, or dagger; a hilt.
- n. A place of abode; dwelling; lodging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the handle of a weapon or tool
The weapon is constructed of at least one ball which is attached to a haft by a metal chain.
Tantlatch continued to drum on the spear-haft, and gave no sign that he had heard.
I like rifles that r acurate right out of the box becals i dont haft to use that much ammo to make shure ther on target
In his other hand, he reached in his robe and found the haft of a filleting knife.
Grayson Leading In REPUBLICAN Primary yes thats right over haft of the repugs in his district will vote for him
Grayson Leading In REPUBLICAN Primary yes thats right over haft of the repugs in his district will vote for him.
So you saying that Fox lies and only gives haft truths? interesting.
In response, Harald said, “If I am so weak as not to be able to wield a sword … let my hand be tied to the haft.”
“Mine,” Magnus said, stepping on the haft and driving the blade deeper through his spine.
I watch all the game and maybe 85% of commercials during the game and none at haft time.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.