from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The gathering and bringing home of the harvest; the time of harvest.
- n. The song sung by reapers at the feast made at the close of the harvest; the feast itself.
- n. A service of thanksgiving, at harvest time, in the Church of England and in the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States.
- n. The opportunity of gathering treasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The time of gathering the harvest; the bringing home of the harvest; hence, any opportunity for making advantage or gain.
- n. A festival held by the English peasantry in August in honor of the homing of the harvest.
- n. The song sung at this festival.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the gathering of a ripened crop
Sorry, no etymologies found.