from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cornmeal mush served with maple syrup, brown sugar, or other sweetening.
- n. Chiefly British A mush made with flour or oatmeal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a simple pudding or porridge of grains cooked in milk or water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A thick batter pudding made of Indian meal stirred into boiling water; mush.
- A batter or pudding made of flour or oatmeal, stirred into boiling water or milk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thick batter or pudding made of milk and flour boiled quickly together; also, oatmeal and water boiled together; porridge.
- n. Specifically, in the United States, a batter made of Indian meal stirred into boiling water, boiled till thick enough to be palatable, and eaten with milk, or sometimes with butter or syrup; mush.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cornmeal mush served with sweetening (maple syrup or brown sugar)
- n. sweetened porridge made of tapioca or flour or oatmeal cooked quickly in milk or water
Sorry, no etymologies found.