American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Cessation of normal heart function.
- n. The inability of the heart to pump blood at an adequate rate, resulting in congestion in the lungs, shortness of breath, edema in the lower extremities, and enlargement of the liver.
- n. cardiology, pathology The chronic inability of the heart to pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body, leading to a pooling of blood and shortness of breath.
- n. cardiology, pathology The cessation of the heartbeat; cardiac arrest.
- n. inability of the heart to pump enough blood to sustain normal bodily functions
“Whatever it was it had made her very weak; at Ayer Kuning she developed dysentery again, and died in two days, probably of heart failure or exhaustion.”
“They poured into Molly’s young body through the old woman’s hand — heart failure and kidney failure and arthritis and inoperable stomach cancer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heart failure’.
habitable climate, habitable space, habitat alteration, habitat destruction, habitat diversity, habitat fragmenta..., habitat of organisms, habitat of the bi..., habitat protection, habitat requirement, habitat selection, habitat structure and 3456 more...
how heart is used
Ads my heart!, after one's own h..., at heart, athletic heart, be at the heart o..., bless my (etc.) h..., break the heart of, bring one's heart..., by heart, carry one's mouth..., cry (eat, fight, ..., dear heart and 248 more...
words that cause death,or defines death.
Looking for tweets for heart failure.