from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a high octane number and thus reducing knock and increasing efficiency in high-performance engines: high-octane gas.
- adj. Slang High-powered; dynamic: a high-octane sales manager; a high-octane marketing plan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a high octane number, good anti-knock characteristics; used in high performance vehicles
- adj. high powered, energetic, forceful or dynamic
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of gasoline; having a high octane number
- adj. vigorously energetic or forceful
Sorry, no etymologies found.