from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an intense or fiery way: a hotly contested will.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. With great amounts of heat
- adv. In a heated manner; intensely or vehemently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a hot or fiery manner; ardently; vehemently; violently; hastily.
- adv. In a lustful manner; lustfully.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a hot manner; ardently; vehemently; violently.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a heated manner
hot + -ly (Wiktionary)