from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Confined to one's home, as by illness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Restricted to one's home, as by physical infirmity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. confined to the home, usually due to illness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Confined to the house, as with sickness; ‘shut in.’
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. confined usually by illness
Sorry, no etymologies found.