from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a human way.
- adv. Within the scope of human means, capabilities, or powers: not humanly possible.
- adv. According to human experience or knowledge: Humanly speaking, the recession was not severe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a human manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a human manner; after the manner of men; according to the knowledge or wisdom of men.
- adv. Kindly; humanely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a human manner; after the manner of men; according to human knowledge or belief: as, humanly speaking, it is impossible.
- Kindly; humanely.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the manner of human beings
Sorry, no etymologies found.