from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Space that has four or more dimensions.
- n. A fictional space in which laws of physics may be circumvented allowing faster-than-light travel or time travel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An n-dimensional Euclidian space with n > 3.
- n. A Euclidian space of unspecified dimension.
- n. A notional space orthogonal to the usual dimensions of space-time often used for faster-than-light travel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mathematical space having more than three dimensions. It is a mathematical construct and is not intended to represent the structure of the common physical space in which matter exists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A space of more than three dimensions.
- n. Non-Euclidean space.
- Pertaining to either genus of hyperspace, n-dimensional or non-Euclidean.
Sorry, no etymologies found.