from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or carried on in waters of a relatively great depth: a deep-water port; deep-water drilling for oil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a great depth of water
- adj. Carried out at great depth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having waters of great depth.
- adj. carried on in waters of great depth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. serious trouble
- adj. of or carried on in waters of great depth
Sorry, no etymologies found.