from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who theorizes or idealizes; one who advocates the doctrines of ideology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who treats of ideas; one who theorizes or idealizes; one versed in the science of ideas, or who advocates the doctrines of ideology.
- n. An ideologue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is occupied with ideas or ideals that have no real significance or value; one who indulges in theories or speculations, or fabricates ideal schemes.
- n. One who advocates the doctrines of ideology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of some ideology
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Today Luzhkov named Medvedev's press secretary, Natalia Timakova, and a Kremlin ideologist, Vladislav Surkov, as plotters of his downfall.
Bromwich Albion and Cologne striker Milivoje Novakovic, said to be the team's "ideologist".
Banna, also known as Abu Aymen al-Masri, was said to be an "ideologist" of the group.
"ideologist", wrote the lyrics and took care of the art cover.
In 1998, Zawahiri merged his Egyptian Islamic Jihad with bin Laden's al-Qaida, becoming bin Laden's deputy and chief Islamic ideologist.
They are 85-year-old Nuon Chea, the Khmer Rouge's chief ideologist and second in charge; 80-year-old Khieu Samphan, an ex-head of state; and 86-year-old Ieng Sary, the former foreign minister.
A terrorist whose deadly plans should be prevented belongs in Guantánamo, the empty zone exempted from the rule of law; a fundamentalist ideologist should be silenced because he spreads hatred.
A number of U.S. citizens hold prominent roles in Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, including the American-born cleric Anwar al-Aulaqi, a leading ideologist and operational planner.
"We perfectly realize what is going on," one Kremlin ideologist told me recently.
Where once he was a rather romantic ideologist of a modernized Democratic politics, he's gotten closer to over the years to what we call the dark arts of politics.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.